This means that all of us have three main hereditary characteristics that manifest in our body in different degrees: endomorphy, mesomorphy and ectomorphy.
- If your somatotype is endomorphic, in your body flaccidity usually predominates and there is a predisposition to get fat. The advantage, on the other hand, is that you develop muscle easily.
- If your muscles predominate in your body, you have a greater inclination to increase your muscle mass. If it is your case, your somatotype is mesomorphic. He is the physicist we all envy, the most perfect genetics. You lose fat easily and you gain muscle quickly. Your body is athletic (shaped like an hourglass in women), you accumulate little fat and you have a visibly more developed muscle.
- And if your somatotype is ectomorphic, the safest thing is that you are a thin person by nature, that you do not accumulate fat and that it is very difficult for you to generate muscle.
Sheldon’s theory applies to both men and women of all ages. In fact, it is very useful to determine the corporal transformations during all the stages of life and, in addition, it helps us to define our training and our eating habits.
Know your somatotype
According to our body type, and/or more to gain or lose weight and/or muscle. That is why it is important that we know our somatotype to check which diet best suits our needs and what kind of physical exercise is the most appropriate.
This is what you must take into account according to your somatotype:
- Endomorph: Your metabolism is slow, so you tend to accumulate more fat. You have to control the calories you eat, reduce the consumption of fats and simple sugars, and eat four times a day without chopping anything between hours. Bad habits and eating disorders cause you to accumulate fat and, therefore, get fat quickly. You must work hard to lose fat, so you have to eat healthily and do a lot of aerobic exercises to lose weight.
Nutritional percentages recommended for endomorphs: 55% carbohydrates, 30% proteins, 15% fat.
- Mesomorph: Even if you look good physically you have to follow good eating habits because your perfect genetics can get lost over time and you can accumulate fats if you do not feed yourself correctly.
Nutritional percentages recommended for mesomorphs: 60% carbohydrates, 20% proteins, 20% fat.
- Ectomorph: Your metabolism is usually fast, so you should eat more times than the rest of somatotypes. This means 6 to 8 meals a day instead of the 5 recommended for others. You can eat practically everything without worrying because you do not have a tendency to get fat. Of course, you should be careful with fats if you have high cholesterol.
Nutritional percentages recommended for ectomorphs : 50% carbohydrate, 30% protein, 20% fat.
Anyway, to be precise, we must bear in mind that in real life there are more than three somatotypes. It is easy to find perfect ectomorphs, but also mesomorphs with fat such as endomorphs. That is a combination of the two.
To conclude, now that we hear a little more all these words, we can only encourage you to start the new year with the purpose of achieving the dreamed mesomorphic body.
Leave a Reply